Most thorough / in-depth review books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vin5cent0

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT score just came in (11 VR 9 PS 10 BS R). On one hand, I'm pleasantly surprised because I was averaging ~27 on the practice tests. On the other hand, I had told myself a <32 was going to be a retake as my GPA is low and I need a solid MCAT to at least somewhat differentiate myself.

I probably studied for 3 months, and I attribute my stagnant scores (once I hit ~27 I didn't really move) to EK. Those books, imo, suck for someone like me. They're SO brief that the vast majority of the time I had to wikipedia/youtube every single subject to learn it better.

Between BR and TPR (or Kaplan, I suppose), which go the most in-depth to ensure a solid understanding of the material? I'm just going to sell all of my EK books and start over with something else. I'll probably plan it so I have ~3 months of solid study time.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I felt like TBR was amazing as I used it to study physics. I felt like I learned the material three times better from my first MCAT test. I retook and got my scores today, got the same on PS as I did before. So weird. I felt a lot better about it with TBR versus Examkrackers but got the same score nonetheless.

I'd keep the EK books as they are a good review later on. You can skim through them for important points and it's nice to have a backup. THe practice and in depth explanations of TBR helped me a lot though. Or made me feel helped a lot.

Ended up with a 31 from a 28 on my first test. Good enough for me hopefully, I don't plan to retake the mcat. I have a 3.36 gpa. Going back for a masters this year just in case I don't get in. (Which is likely but might get lucky somewhere)

Thanks for the response. Can someone tell me what the difference between these two sets of TPR hyperlearning are? Is it just the years? I'm just wondering why one is going for $300 and the other has 1 bid at $75. Is the $75 auction lacking in material or something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Princeton-R...7?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item1c1f11bc5d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Prince...3?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item336c034467

Thanks guys

300 $: It has both the hyperlearning series and the regular books too. Condition is brand new.

75 $: It has only the hyperlearning series+the MCAT official guide (Awesome book). Condition is acceptable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the hyperlearning sufficient in depth for nailing the MCAT? I don't want to make another mistake with an EK-like book