Motivation, motivation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctoresse

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow med students,

What motivates you when you have to study the exquisite details of Cushing syndrome (and disease), its appropriate tests and treatments but...all you want to do is crawl in bed and not open a book for the next day(or month)? Basically what helps you get back in study mode? I felt the same at the end of last semester, no motivation and a hard time studying, any good tip?:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

the process of third year involves studying via working. being involved with patient care and presenting cases and whatnot helps learn this material and gets you used to dealing with it.

i use that philosophy for the weekends. i crash weekends and can't do jack **** and become totally inefficient. so what i do is talk to the profs and shadow them and see a classic cushings patient.

just by talking to them, interacting with them, getting to know them, and going over their history, details, treatments, you pick up so much. for me, those two hours are probably as efficient as the two hours in the library, but it changes up the mix a little and its kinda somewhat interesting, and the knowledge stays for life, instead of disspating after the exam.