staying motivated at home

Started by deleted980662
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted980662

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi SDN -- i'm finding myself extremely bored while doing anki at home and watching online lectures. not seeing patients/classmates is taking its toll. i feel like i should be using this time to get ahead on USMLE prep, but i'm struggling to merely keep up with class material.

what are your strategies for staying productive from home? i've used a pomodoro timer to maintain pace during anki but i'd love to hear what you guys have been doing.
 
Zoom/Microsoft teams study groups helps, both with the seeing people aspect and with accountability. If I know I’m supposed to run a study session on x number of lectures, I’m going to learn them really well.
 
I'm kind of just letting myself fizzle out. Summer will be here in a week and I can recuperate a few weeks before starting Step prep.

The promise of exams coming keeps me studying. Do a practice test or old exam. Your unpreparedness will motivate you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The forest app has helped a lot with my focus lately, you can set it up pomdoro style. Also doing home workouts or going for a light jog helps big time.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN