Motivation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, I'd like to say when I first looked around this forum, I was skeptical. I mean, bunch of weirdos going online to talk to other strangers - at least so I thought. To the contrary, everyone has been really helpful and nice, and this is such a great opportunity for our us premeds.

Anyway, I need some motivation. Specifically, regarding the upcoming August MCAT. Here is the deal... at Kaplan, I tried my ass off on the diagnostic and got a 21 (three 7's). Boy was that a bummer. I mean, I know i'm not a genius (i had like a 26 on the ACT, that test you take to get into college... kinda like the SAT) Studied my ass of and got a 27 on my first full length. The next week I took another and got a 29. Just last week I took another and got a 31.

Anyone had such drastic improvements from studying *really* hard (i study a *lot*). Moreoever, now that I'm getting over thirty, I feel I'm capable of even better... that is, I doubt i've hit my plateu! My next goal is a 33.

Unfortunately, my motivation is starting to lapse. Anyway have some good ideas/supportive statements? Specifically, those of you who studied a lot and improved and already took the mcat or are already in m-school.

Good luck to your all

Leon
Michigan State University

Members don't see this ad.

All I can say is:

HAVE FUN!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! BE ARROGANT! AND BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE IN THAT ROOM!

Worked for me. :cool:

21 on diagnostic? You think that's bad, when I took the MCAT in 99', I had a 19 on the diagnostic with the 5 in Verbal. In the end, I took the MCAT and scored a 10V, 8P, and 11B. A 29 isn't so bad. Shoot, if you are into comparing which isn't the best thing to do, um...I got a 23 on the ACT and 960 on the SAT first time around.

Anyways, my attitude was a little different than the above poster. I didn't think arrogantly, rather I thought in terms of doing my utter best so I would feel some content in the effort I exerted and results I received regardless of the outcome. I was accepted this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
kreno,

Whatever you're doing seems to be working and showing improvement.... Just keep your eyes on the price!!!

Don't let anyone else phase you out.... Maybe treat yourself out during one of the weeks to a movie, bar, friend, etc.... Then hit the books again....

Best wishes and good luck....

my advice, take it a little easier, you don't want to completely burn your fuse before the day of the exam...

your on the right track :D, don't over do it, and dont cram the night before the exam :D and you can kick b*tt :D

Sounds like you might need a week away in a relaxing spot where you think not about MCATs and the like.

Your scores sound nearly identical to mine when I took Kaplan this spring, although I never got higher than a 30 on any one test. (Individual subjects did go up and down though.) I came out with a 30... Best wishes! Keep studying hard.