Mount Sinai Secondary Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ronin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all. I am trying to fill out the Mount Sinai secondary by tonight because I am borrowing my friend's Adobe Acrobat 5.0 to type it on his computer.

in exact words, #7 asks "Please explain all gaps in time, post-secondary school, of greater than one month's duration, that are not account for on your AMCAS application."

Are they asking for gaps within college years? Or do they want me to explain what I have been doing AFTER graduation as well?

Anyway, I need to finish this application tonight before my friend goes to bed, but Mount Sinai's office is closed already, so I need your help! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I thought it meant gaps that were HUGE in time and not the usual gaps...like I didnt include summer breaks or spring breaks and things like that...i think they want to know what you did with time off that you asked for or what you did after grad if youre a nontrad applicant...
hope this helps...

if you had to take some semesters off for whatever reason, i'd explain that. but by POST-secondary school, i think they mainly want to know if you took time off after college before applying

Members don't see this ad :)
cool. thanks!

Ronin,
How are you typing your application on the computer? I have acrobat 5.0 but it only allows me to read the application.

Good luck!
Michele

Michele, i think what you have is "Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0", which is a "reader".

You will need to get what my friend has (i.e. "Adobe Acrobat 5.0") in order to type on the document.

Good luck to you as well!

Ronin, so your saying adobe acrobat 5.0 worked for you?
I have the full version that I burned from a friend, but
for some reason I can't type into it. How did you do it?
Is there some setting that I have incorrect?

Thanks!
Standoc

Another suggestion- you can use adobe photshop to edit mount sinai's application quite easily...just make sure to open it up in high resolution grayscale, and use text tool to type into it
good luck everyone

Standoc

Originally posted by standoc
How did you do it?
Is there some setting that I have incorrect?

on the left side of the tool bar, there should be a button
called "Free Text Tool" (it looks like a big "T" with a plus sign
next to it). You can use it to create fields into which you can type.

Thanks Ronin!
It worked