moving threads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghip

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a new trend to move threads to the class forum. As far as I have seen over the past years, the class forum has been exclusively threads for students in the incoming class (e.g. Wayne State class of 2011). I don't think moving threads that don't fit that description into the class forum is a good idea.

Members don't see this ad.

I've noticed a new trend to move threads to the class forum. As far as I have seen over the past years, the class forum has been exclusively threads for students in the incoming class (e.g. Wayne State class of 2011). I don't think moving threads that don't fit that description into the class forum is a good idea.

Pretty sure the whole Allo Class Threads subsection has only been open for about a year or so, so I don't know where the "past years" idea comes from.

Either way, what the hell does it matter? Some of the more active threads on that forum are from classes that are not in the incoming class and it serves the useful function of allowing classmates at schools that do not set up classwide websites to chat with each other and to serve as a resource for those in lower classes at their school. If your gripe is about it being harder to find the current year thread for whatever school you're admitted to, check out that handy "Search" icon at the top of your screen.

So yeah, not so much in support of this proposed overregulation. Take it back to pre-allo.

Pretty sure the whole Allo Class Threads subsection has only been open for about a year or so, so I don't know where the "past years" idea comes from.

Either way, what the hell does it matter? Some of the more active threads on that forum are from classes that are not in the incoming class and it serves the useful function of allowing classmates at schools that do not set up classwide websites to chat with each other and to serve as a resource for those in lower classes at their school. If your gripe is about it being harder to find the current year thread for whatever school you're admitted to, check out that handy "Search" icon at the top of your screen.

So yeah, not so much in support of this proposed overregulation. Take it back to pre-allo.

I think we need an MCW sub-subforum though. To keep all of the exquisitely awesome threads that are going organized.