Moving to CA, need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaznx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, my wife and I are licensed pharmacists in Kansas and Missouri and have been practicing for 10 years now. So its been a while since we've taken NAPLEX, and mpje. We are worried about these hurdles. We scored very well on NAPLEX 10 years ago but am worried about retaking NAPLEX, especially CPJE. Any advice or materials for studying for the NAPLEX, or CPJE. I'm thinking of buying the rxprep book and studyjng off that. I have a friend that just recently graduated that took the NAPLEX and gave me her pronto pass cards. Honestly when reviewing some of the questions on on the current NAPLEX, when we took it was not even that detailed and was not even that hard. They only asked basic questions. However looking at CPJE ?'s, the samples they are asking and talking about drugs that I haven't even heard of, or the drugs are so old that aren't even used anymore. Any advice for us would be appreciated so can get licensed in CA. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everybody, my wife and I are licensed pharmacists in Kansas and Missouri and have been practicing for 10 years now. So its been a while since we've taken NAPLEX, and mpje. We are worried about these hurdles. We scored very well on NAPLEX 10 years ago but am worried about retaking NAPLEX, especially CPJE. Any advice or materials for studying for the NAPLEX, or CPJE. I'm thinking of buying the rxprep book and studyjng off that. I have a friend that just recently graduated that took the NAPLEX and gave me her pronto pass cards. Honestly when reviewing some of the questions on on the current NAPLEX, when we took it was not even that detailed and was not even that hard. They only asked basic questions. However looking at CPJE ?'s, the samples they are asking and talking about drugs that I haven't even heard of, or the drugs are so old that aren't even used anymore. Any advice for us would be appreciated so can get licensed in CA. Thanks!!

You have to retake the NAPLEX too? I thought you only have to take the CPJE if you move from another state to Cali?

I recommend the RXprep book and their online quiz bank. Thats all you need basically. Did you work in the retail setting or hospital? You might want to study up on IV compatibility if you worked in the the retail setting. cuz they do ask it on the CPJE

You have to retake the NAPLEX too? I thought you only have to take the CPJE if you move from another state to Cali?

I recommend the RXprep book and their online quiz bank. Thats all you need basically. Did you work in the retail setting or hospital? You might want to study up on IV compatibility if you worked in the the retail setting. cuz they do ask it on the CPJE

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're on the reciprocation list now. I'd also look at Weissman for the rare law question since you're new here.

Yeah I have to retake naplex, reciprocation is valid only if you took naplex after 2003, so yes I have to retake naplex. I have worked retail since I graduated. Last time I worked hospital was about 13 years ago. I'm more worried about CPJE, however Naplex is now a worry too since I've been out for so long.

Have you applied for licensure yet? I'm sure you've been warned, but it's a long, long process to get a license in Cali. I applied in May and just took the CPJE last week.