1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

"Moving Traffic Violation"??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SyrianHero, Oct 1, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. SyrianHero

SyrianHero 5+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2012
    A medical school application asked me if I have ever been cited for a moving traffic violation; I got into a car accident when I was 17 and it was my fault, and I also got a speeding ticket a couple of years later. So, do I list both? (I was a minor in the first).

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. J Senpai

J Senpai Grab my arm. Other arm. MY other arm. 5+ Year Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Speeding tickets are - in my state - moving violations. IDK where accidents stand.

4. mehc012

mehc012 Big Damn Hero 5+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2012
    The Black
    It depends on whether you receive a citation. If you get one, it is a moving violation. If you don't get one, it's between you and your insurance.

***Not a lawyer and have not lived in all 50 states...yet ;) ***

J Senpai likes this.
  5. Omppu27

Omppu27 El Tiburon 5+ Year Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    I got a a red light ticket when I was 16 and even listed that. It's not gonna hurt your app. Just list them to be safe.