MPH in Epidemiology.

Started by epivet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

epivet

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a veterinary doctor from India. Is it essential to have a solid "Clinical Experience" before actually getting entry into the Epidemiology MPH program ?
Does Clinical experience helps in getting better admits / How does it helps in the actual study when a student gets into the MPH Epidemiology.
 
I am a veterinary doctor from India. Is it essential to have a solid "Clinical Experience" before actually getting entry into the Epidemiology MPH program ?
Does Clinical experience helps in getting better admits / How does it helps in the actual study when a student gets into the MPH Epidemiology.

Not sure if this would help you, and it may depending on the school, but... I was accepted into the MPH Epi program at UTHealth. I have NO public health/epi/etc. experience, whatsoever. I was told that I stood out because of my personal statement and goals -- I wanted to be a veterinary epidemiologist and that I thought the MPH would be an excellent foundation for when I started, and finished, vet school. 🙂

Can't help you on your last two questions, sorry!