MPH Without It? Should I? Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poop Eater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm Nervouse Wreque. I'm going through life with a chronic nail-biting problem. I hate my inner sense of self-worth and I'm constantly second guessing myself. Should I pursue a Masters in Public Health without investigating it at all? Or should I investigate it so thoroughly that I begin to believe it's as competitive as medical school, and psych myself out of it? And what about the loans? And the research experience? What about the career path after? It seems as hopeless as the pits of Hell! Oh, and what about the children? What about the orphans? I need your help!

Members don't see this ad.

oh, and does anyone know of those schools that have a combined nursing and master and public health program?

Hi. I'm Nervouse Wreque. I'm going through life with a chronic nail-biting problem. I hate my inner sense of self-worth and I'm constantly second guessing myself. Should I pursue a Masters in Public Health without investigating it at all? Or should I investigate it so thoroughly that I begin to believe it's as competitive as medical school, and psych myself out of it? And what about the loans? And the research experience? What about the career path after? It seems as hopeless as the pits of Hell! Oh, and what about the children? What about the orphans? I need your help!

Calm down. Please.

It's not as competitive as med school. You can take your career in a number of ways. You may have to take out loans or consider your public university's program.

oh, and does anyone know of those schools that have a combined nursing and master and public health program?

Yes. Yale is one of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha no worries. I was just trolling. Thanks for the Yale program, too.

JHS, Emory, Iowa, UPenn, UAB, USC all have an MSN/MPH. There are lots more.

There are a bunch of PA/MPH programs out there too.