MS in Endodontics without a DDS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idream09

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone..
Well, I am a FTD from India and I have been practising general dentistry for about 3 years now.
After exploring my field for almost 3 years, I have developed an interest in the field of endodontics.
Now that I want to pursue my masters I wanted to know whats the best way of getting into an Endodontic Residency program.?
P.s I do not have a DDS ..
I am aware of the exams that I need to give, but apart from that... what else can I do to improve my chances? And what programs can I look for to strengthen my application before applying for endodontics. Should I opt for something clinical based or research based. ?

Any help will be appreciated!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone..
Well, I am a FTD from India and I have been practising general dentistry for about 3 years now.
After exploring my field for almost 3 years, I have developed an interest in the field of endodontics.
Now that I want to pursue my masters I wanted to know whats the best way of getting into an Endodontic Residency program.?
P.s I do not have a DDS ..
I am aware of the exams that I need to give, but apart from that... what else can I do to improve my chances? And what programs can I look for to strengthen my application before applying for endodontics. Should I opt for something clinical based or research based. ?

Any help will be appreciated!!:)

Getting into Endo residency is RIDICULOUSLY competitive.
I don't know if you're still looking for answers but I would recommend doing programs like UCLA or UPenn's Endodontic internship. I know that several endo interns from UCLA ended up in their residency program. All the best!

Reactions: 1 user
I have not seen any general dentist who is foreign trained getting accepted into endo program. Even for local dmd students endo is extremely competitive. You probably have to do endo certificate program from Rutgers or ucla then apply if you don't get then may be do one more year of that certificate program from another school. Then you might get accepted.

Reactions: 1 users