MS2 summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dynamite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are fellow MS2'ers doing after they take the boards this summer? i'm looking for some ideas. i don't want to just sit on my bum cause i find i have a hard time gettin off it. i was looking at international stuff but it's too expensive, especially since we can't work while studying for the boards so i can't save up. any thoughts? or is no one even thinking about life until after the boards?

Members don't see this ad.

dude. Had the same problem here, but got a solution.
I wanted to go to Europe, but too much $$, and probably not such a great idea considering everyone outside of the USA is kind of irritated w/ us.

Solution?
:idea:
PUERTO RICO!
:clap:
Jet Blue flies to San Juan, you don't have to worry about currency exchange, Old San Juan is gorgeous, great nightlife (esp. if you're into salsa), great beaches, and of course, watersports.

How much time do you guys get off? We get 3 weeks between boards and starting rotations. Going to spend part of that time sitting on the beach in FL. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
We self schedule step 1, and had most of 8 weeks off between M2 and M3. I took a break for the half week after M2 finals, then studied my ass off for 6 weeks, took step 1, and then went to Vegas. It was about all we could afford being June and all. It was a good time, though.

I do recommend doing SOMETHING to mark the occasion.....even if it's camp in your backyard because you're soo poor :)

we have a two week clinical skills thing thrown in so there's about four weeks after we take the boards to do whatever we want. san juan eh? sounds good.

keravan, you spent 6 weeks to study for the boards? i was told when he had a talk that this would be too much time cause you'd start forgetting stuff from the first week. you didn't find it a problem?

Originally posted by dynamite

keravan, you spent 6 weeks to study for the boards? i was told when he had a talk that this would be too much time cause you'd start forgetting stuff from the first week. you didn't find it a problem?

I had ALOT of reviewing to do, I felt. My schedule was to study by systems twice. The first time through was the "understanding" subjects like physio -- that was about 2 1/2 weeks. I built in a couple of days at the end of those weeks in case my schedule got a bit backed up. I think I also spent one day and did a full "exam" equivalent worth of questions (but had been doing questions all along, of course), and then took an ENTIRE day off. Then I went back through the systems doing the "memorizing" subjects like pathology. That was about the same amout of time which left me a week to do nothing but questions and to taper off a bit so I wouldn't be burned out for the actual test day -- like I was training for a marathon. The day before the exam I did almost no studying -- I looked over a couple of things just to calm myself, but NO QUESTIONS.

Hopefully 2 weeks backpacking and biking Turkey/Macedonia/Prague in June.

I'm going to go out trippin' on acid and swimming off the coast of St. Barts with spider monkeys to change my whole perspective on ****.