MSAR Screening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aforema3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I bought the online MSAR and I'm not sure where on each school's page you would find the information on whether or not they screen before the secondaries.

Thanks guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Check the 'Application Deadlines and Requirements' section of the school you are interested in.

Ahh thanks. I guess unfortunately, not all of the schools list that information. Like Indiana, which screens, doesn't say anything in that section. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to dig around for some of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
At least when I applied (~8 years ago now), practically no schools did meaningful presecondary screening other than a few public schools screening out out of state applicants.

Think about it. Why would they? They can give everyone secondaries and get a maximum amount of application fees. Then just do a real screen when you choose which secondaries to read. Every screened out application is ~$100 less in the budget of the admissions department.

Even schools that claim to screen gave me a number of secondaries before my full application had even arrived.

Hi, so I bought the online MSAR and I'm not sure where on each school's page you would find the information on whether or not they screen before the secondaries.

Thanks guys!!
Hey, I was wondering if you can do me favour by telling which of the following schools screen for secondaries:
Albert Einstein School of Medicine
NYU
NYMC
SUNY upstate
WAYNE
Thank you so much for your help :)