Mstp Surf

Started by nhazu10
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nhazu10

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to be a junior this coming Fall and I'm doing the MSTP SURF program. I'm not exactly if doing a MD/PhD is the way i want to go for medical school, but I want to do research this summer instead of waste it. My advisor is a well-known professor in the medical and i'd hate to let something like this go..especially because i could get a good LOR. I'm interested in doing the research that I'm assigned to, but my question is... if i do this program but dont apply MSTP when application process rolls around, will it look bad? am i gunna shoot down my chances with the school im working at if i dont go MSTP? I'm really excited about it, but i'm hoping it doesn't come back and bite me in the a$$.
thanks
 
doubtful that it will look bad, especially if you have a good reason to have changed your mind.

If nothing else, all you probably need to say is "I was trying to find out what program is right for me."