MSUCOM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I let my spot go today, I hope someone gets it! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to MSUCHM today, which is my very 1st choice!!! This means I'll be letting my seat go at MSUCOM, so hopefully one you guys gets it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to MSUCHM today, which is my very 1st choice!!! This means I'll be letting my seat go at MSUCOM, so hopefully one you guys gets it :)

Oh my gosh!!! CONGRATS!!! AWESOME! I'm really happy for you :):):):):)

I have first dibs on your seat:thumbup:

Hey Zoey! Hang in there, I am pulling for you! Looks like the CHM waitlist just started moving today so COM will probably start moving too! Good Luck! Here's hopin you and some others that really want to be @ COM will be joining us on the 23rd!

I was finally accepted from COM's waitlist today! Good luck to the rest of you!

Anybody need a seat?:D

Barring some sort of full ride scholarship offer (yeah right), I'll be giving up my seat Monday when the office of admissions opens up.

Anybody need a seat?:D

Barring some sort of full ride scholarship offer (yeah right), I'll be giving up my seat Monday when the office of admissions opens up.

Yes, I desperately need a seat!!!!!! Good luck with your choice. :)

Hi Everyone!!

I was recently accepted at MSUCOM, which has thrown me for a loop. I wasn't planning on getting a seat this year since I accepted a spot for 2013. I think I am going to defer since I want to pay off more of my undergrad loans and three weeks is not a lot of time to prepare for school. Would anyone entering this fall be willing to share some of your experiences and answer questions? You can pm me. I want to know about everything-what you liked/disliked about any schools, why you picked MSUCOM, etc. I think I need some inspiration right now-this process has been very draining! Thanks.

I also officially withdrew from MSUCOM today, so there will be another seat opening up. It's a great school, and was a very difficult decision (I had to literally close my eyes to press 'submit' for the withdrawal email), but the fiance doesn't have a job here and has a job offer for another city. I hope an SDNer gets the seat! Good luck, and if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

I just called admissions...bad idea! They told me I wasn't in the top 10 on the waitlist...for all I know I could be #50. So, unfortunately it definately wasn't me who got one of your seats. I guess it just wasn't meant to be..oh well :) Good luck to you all!

I just called admissions...bad idea! They told me I wasn't in the top 10 on the waitlist...for all I know I could be #50. So, unfortunately it definately wasn't me who got one of your seats. I guess it just wasn't meant to be..oh well :) Good luck to you all!

Well that's not fair...seeing as we obviously meant for our seats to go to you:cool:. At the risk of repeating "good luck" too often in this thread, good luck back at you! (and definitely don't give up if you really want to do this...).

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been getting pretty down lately. The June 23 deadline to hear back is getting closer and closer and I don't know how much more movement the waitlist is going to have. Hopefully a few more spots will open up. Anyways, best of luck to anyone else who is on the waitlist with me.

Hi all -

If you're heading to E.L. and looking for a nice, essentially new futon/couch, pm me - I'm trying to sell mine before I move.

See ya in anatomy soon enough....

Hello all,
I'm sorry if this question has surfaced at one point or another. It's just that among the many posts, it's hard to discern what questions have been asked and what hasn't. So I'm researching schools and was wondering if anyone knew or understood how MSUCOM views post bacc grades. I know that certain schools will either weigh in the post bacc grades more heavily, or simply take the post bacc grades over your undergrad grades. I'm just wondering if MSUCOM is at all similar... if not what is their policy on post bacc grades? I thank anyone who has insight on this matter and truly appreciate your time in answering this post. Thank you all!

To the others that have made it off the waitlist- how long did it take to get your netID/stuInfo information after paying the deposit? I expected to have it in 24 hrs as described in the FAQ but it's been a couple days and today central admissions said probably late next week I'd have it. I need to get my financial aid processed!

I just accepted off the waitlist this morning! Now I am in a rush to find a place to live and get some loans.

I just accepted off the waitlist this morning! Now I am in a rush to find a place to live and get some loans.

Congrats!!! See, you were worried about nothing! :) I'm really happy for you. I guess it's just me now :(

This is probably a worthless comment, seeing as I've never lived in E.L., but...Tammany Hills seemed nice when I visited and was resonably priced (can get a 1 bedroom apartment for less than 600/month with parking included). I had a deposit down on this place before I switched schools last minute. I heard that a decent number of med students live here and it's ~3 miles from MSUCOM campus.

Congrats on your acceptance! Make sure you guys check out the facebook group! Everyone is very helpful. There are postings for people still looking for roomates. there is also a link through the student services web page through MSUCOM! We are also planning a BBQ for the 21st, the Saturday before classes start. If you are not a facebook person, PM me your email address and I will send you a link to the invite! Good luck and if I can help in any way don't hesitate to pm!

Well, I just called an hour ago and cancelled my holding of a two bedroom, two bath third floor apartment at Central Park...if you call in the morning, and say you would be interested, you would most likely be golden :D The place is set up well for a roommate...if you would be honestly interested (I had to get on the list in Jan for this place, its super popular with the medical crowd...and there went ANOTHER deposit in the name of MSU) PM me and I'll send you over the info...good luck and congrats!

Does anyone know if MSUCOM takes many out of state students?

Sorry about being a pest about the waitlist, but I was wondering if anyone knows how many people they let on the high waitlist? I'm even starting to think there isn't a such thing as the high waitlist! I called in again today and am still not in the top 10! :( :( :( :( I can't imagine the list moving any more than 10 spots in the next 2 weeks.

Hey there everyone!! 10 days left until classes start! In the spirit of enjoying our last few days before the craziness ensues,many of us that are on Facebook are getting together for a BBQ the Saturday before classes start! This is a link to the event information http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=29576632168 if you need more details feel free to PM me!

Can someone tell me what time orientation is on June 23rd, and how long it lasts? Thanks :)

:) Hey guys, how did the BBQ go yesterday? Just wanted to wish you well on classes starting this week. I'm going to call admissions one last time tomorrow just for the heck of it. There's still hope. Have fun this week!!!!