Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MSUCOM Housing

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by DocGibby, Nov 19, 1999.

1. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member

There isn't much traffic on the housing page, so I thought I might try here also.

Do any MSUCOM students have some advice on apartments. What are some good ones. Which to avoid. I've been searching the net and I have a few choices narrowed down. Tell what you think of these, or others you might know about.

Stonehedge
    Timber Lake
    Canal Club
    Trapers Cove

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. azeri

azeri Junior Member

Hey there!
    I am a student here in East Lansing and know first hand how difficult it can be to find a place around here.

So here is my two cents worth. Stay away from Canal Club...it's in West Lansing...too far away esp. for 8 A.M. Lectures!! I hear that Stonehedge and Timberlake are nice...but very pricey..distance is O.K. Trappers Cove is a monster complex that is very close to school 7-10 min drive...I know some people who live there and they like it...good choice,reasonable rent.

You might try getting a copy of the Student News the MSU paper, and go thru there..I know of several more good places...Berrytree..it is very close to campus..I think that it gets a little loud at times though...ummm the others I can't think of the names right now..I can get back to you on that
    We have exams on Mon and Wed this week so my brain is unable to recall that info!...
    Good luck

4. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member

azeri,

Thanks for the respones. Yeah, I thought Canal Club would be a bit to far for those early lectures. I wasn't sure, though. I'd like to keep the commute down to about 15 min (max). I think Stonehedge or Timber Lake is about the furthest I want to travel. As far as price goes, I'm looking to pay under 600. It's looking like I won't get everything I want for less than 550. Oh well. I heard that Berrytree wasn't a good one. I'm looking for someplace quiet.

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004