MSUCOM Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docflanny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get in contact with a premed student that recently wrote me to inquire about MSUCOM. Accidently, I've lost her email, but would very much like to respond to her questions re: MSUCOM's curriculum, atmosphere, extracurricular programs, etc.

If this reaches the appropriate girl or anyone else interested in MSUCOM write me at [email protected]

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSUCOM Class of 2004

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
Actually I have a question for you. I know that at MSU there is both and MD and a DO school. Is there any tension between the students between the two programs?
Thank you.

CJ,

There are two medical schools at MSU. In my opinion there is not much tension between us. We have all our basic science classes together the first year, go out to the bars together, have parties together, go on mini-vacations together too.

Some of the more immature students can get their feathers ruffled a bit with competition between the two classes, but that's about it.

Overall, I think things are very collaborative here. I think that the MDs at our school are very open to understanding what makes our program a bit different. In fact, many MDs are quite interested in OMM and would enjoy the extra treatment modality it offers. As such, several MD students are treated in our student-run OMM clinic, bug us, their classmates, for OMM treatments, and one student even made it through some administrative red tape to take a seminar OMM class with us DOs.

In summary, the tension is what you make of it. There's always going to be some immature, confrontational types in any large group, we're no exception. Fortunately, these confrontational students are few in number and short on support.

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSUCOM Class of 2004