MSUCOM-non-residents accepted/interviewed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvrgvup

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Is there anyone out there who is not a MI resident who has recieved an interview or an accpetance? i would love to attend MSU's program, but they only accept 10% of their class from out of state. if you've gotten an interview or acceptance, can you post your stats? PLEASE!!!! Also, does anyone know how many spots are left for out -of-staters? thanks everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

nothing but crickets....

IN MY OPINION,

Numbers are a smaller part of the equation at MSUCOM than any of the other DO schools I had experience with (AZCOM, PCOM, DMU and Kirksville).

I was accepted at MSUCOM as an out-of-stater not because of my numbers which were above average on MCAT and about average on GPA at all the schools I applied to.

I was accepted because they have the most comprehensive and insightful secondary that I filled out. It's a painstaking process for them because they typically only interview about 170 people a year total. They grant about 140 acceptances for 125 spots. I'm not exactly sure on this but I think they waitlist most out-of-staters and they get in that way. They interview to confirm that they like you as much in person as they like you on paper.

I know things have been delayed through AACOMAS with the official MCATS and stuff. If you get an interview here, you'll likely be accepted. I was waitlisted at number 4 and it took around 3 months for the waitlist to move that much so I'd get an acceptance.

I'm not here to detract from any of the other DO schools because they all have merit and strengths. For me, MSUCOM was my top choice but it was hard to make the final decision to come here since I was accepted so late.

I'd write more but I have my last exam before spring break tomorrow at 7:30am!

Feel free to e-mail me with any Q's since I'll be home all next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Dave above. I am not a Michigan resident and have been offered an interview at MSU and I would consider my stats the exact average. However, I think they got a good insight into who I am besides numbers by their lengthy application.

I agree with the last 2 posters. My stats were lower than the averages for MSUCOM, but I was interviewed (and accepted yesterday!!) The secondary was VERY extensive! It took me 4 or 5 times the effort I put into my other secondaries. The interviews are also geared to see who you are as a person. My interviewers didn't have any of my scores and didn't ask me any of my "stats." Its a great school and I am really forward to going there next fall!

I'm still waiting to hear from them. Do any of you know if they've filled their out of state spots? THanks for all your help guys!