Apr 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi everyone. I am fortunate enough to get accepted into several DO schools this cycle, and I am currently deciding between MSUCOM and KCUMB.

I am an international student interested in internal medicine, so I'll have to go through the H1B IM residency match in the future. For this reason, I looked into the match list for MSU and KCU, and I am orientated toward choosing KCUMB since it matched more students into H1B IM residency friendly hospitals in the past few years. But I would like to know more about each school's preclinical and clinical education before I make my decision.

I have to take USMLE for the H1b residency, so I prefer schools that give students time and flexibility to study for step 1, although I don't know about the USMLE scores for these two schools.

KCU (KC)
Pros:
-Not focus on OMM, P/F grading, non-mandatory attendances = more time to prep for USMLE

-Cheap tuition, plus scholarship

Cons:
-Heard mixed reviews about its clinical rotation, would appreciate it if someone could explain the situation in more detail

MSU
Pros:
-P/F grading, somewhat mandatory attendances, more research opportunities
-Heard great things about its rotation, has more teaching hospitals

Cons:
-Expensive tuition

I would love to hear some advice/opinions from this forum. Thank you for your time!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.