Mt Sinai Early Assurance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

froyoforthewin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. This is my first time here :)
So I just discovered the Mount Sinai Flexmed program and I'm really interested in it.
Pros of this program: no mcat, maintain 3.5 gpa, no organic chem pre req, can take courses you're interested in
Cons: binding, limiting my other "medical school choices"

The reason I'm interested in this program is because I can be more flexible with my course selections (I'm interested in healthcare technology and social entrepreneurship). But some also told me it might limit my other options.

So what do you guys think? I'm currently a (somewhat lost and confused) freshman at Stanford and here's my profile:
- Female, international Student from Thailand (I heard it's extremely hard to get into med schools as international students right?)
-Not that great academically (it was a total fluke that I got into Stanford..my SAT is probably below the admitted average and I'm also struggling with general chem right now..sighh)
-Lots of ECs though: founded a non-profit that operates throughout SE asia, received multiple fellowships, lots of research and publications (mostly related to infectious disease and cost effective medical technology), paid student researcher
-I don't know if this really matters but I'm also a certified Thai boxer and masseuse (lol)

I also heard that this program is really competitive to get into. So what do you guys think? Should I apply?

Members don't see this ad.