Mt Sinai Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieOConnor

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Mt Sinai waitlist everyone who doesnt get accepted after the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

KatieOConnor said:
Does Mt Sinai waitlist everyone who doesnt get accepted after the interview?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=172505&page=3

In this thread someone said that about 100 people were rejected post-interview. I recently interviewed at Mount Sinai and absolutely love it, so I believe it is now my first choice. I think that in comparison to others that have been accepted, even from my own ugrad, my best to hope for at this stage is a waitlist (hopefully not a rejection). But, I know that I will be very active if I am waitlisted, since I hear that there has usually been a decent amount of movement off the waitlist in past years. In my student host's 6-person apt, 5 of them got in off the waitlist and though this isn't representative of the whole waitlist, it does give me some hope.

Rzarecta said:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=172505&page=3

In this thread someone said that about 100 people were rejected post-interview. I recently interviewed at Mount Sinai and absolutely love it, so I believe it is now my first choice. I think that in comparison to others that have been accepted, even from my own ugrad, my best to hope for at this stage is a waitlist (hopefully not a rejection). But, I know that I will be very active if I am waitlisted, since I hear that there has usually been a decent amount of movement off the waitlist in past years. In my student host's 6-person apt, 5 of them got in off the waitlist and though this isn't representative of the whole waitlist, it does give me some hope.

Perhaps its because they had a dorm set aside for waitlists? I don't meant to dampen anyone's spirits here, but traditionally the MSSM waitlist has not moved very much. You can search old threads to confirm this. I was waitlisted in november last year and was very active in pursuing them as my top choice, but was not admitted. Definitely keep those updates going, but temper your enthusiasm. Good Luck!