Much better at Discrete Questions than Passage for B/B and C/P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted585480

How do I fix this? My exam is in a month, and I'm just not sure how to manage the passages. Do I take a really long time understanding each passage before going to the question? Do I write down notes?

I would just like to know if anyone out there has any good suggestions for this.

Members don't see this ad.

Just practice. What may work for someone else in terms of strategy will not always work for you. Find a comfortable way to map and extract information from your passage, practice repeatedly, and refine your skills.

Just skim through passages to get the main idea and highlight key facts
Pay no attention to graphs/data/equations. One or more may not come up in the questions
Prioritize questions and answer the ones that do not require the passage to leave time for the data interpretation/forming conclusion questions
Pay attention to when the words "least likely", "not", and "except" are used in a question so you don't misread it
Know common equations, trig conversions, logarithms, etc. that will help with math on C/P
Pay attention to whether data is statistically significant (usually in asterisks) when forming conclusions
Don't get stuck on a ridiculous passage b/c you feel you have to go in order. Move on and come back to it later
When marking questions for review later, start with the ones you feel you can most likely get with little additional time, and to the impossible/time consuming ones last. Better use of your time.

This worked very well for me, so hopefully it helps you out:)