Much Needed Guidance!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

copon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a History major currently attending a community college. I am trying to knock out all of the classes that aren't the pre-med required classes at the cc.

Does it matter what type of classes that I take that pertain to my major?
Meaning I am going to follow my major map but then i was going to also take all the prerequisite med classes along with them.

So essentially what i am asking is should I take other classes such as anatomy or kiniseology just so it looks good on my transcript?

Here is what i have so far at the cc....
Eng. 101 and 102
His. 103 and 104- 110 and 111
Psych. 101
Math 121 and 142
Philosophy 101
CIS 105

I also have a 3.85 so far.

And when I get to the university this coming semester then I will take all of the premed classes because I know it doesn't look good at the cc.

Suggestions please! I have a small ounce of what I am doing but at the same time I have no clue!:eek:
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a History major currently attending a community college. I am trying to knock out all of the classes that aren't the pre-med required classes at the cc.

Does it matter what type of classes that I take that pertain to my major?
Meaning I am going to follow my major map but then i was going to also take all the prerequisite med classes along with them.

So essentially what i am asking is should I take other classes such as anatomy or kiniseology just so it looks good on my transcript?

Here is what i have so far at the cc....
Eng. 101 and 102
His. 103 and 104- 110 and 111
Psych. 101
Math 121 and 142
Philosophy 101
CIS 105

I also have a 3.85 so far.

And when I get to the university this coming semester then I will take all of the premed classes because I know it doesn't look good at the cc.

Suggestions please! I have a small ounce of what I am doing but at the same time I have no clue!:eek:
Thanks.

It does not matter what classes that you take pertaining to your major. Just excel in those classes. Personally, I do think it is desireable to take your prerequisite med school classes at a 4 year university, if possible. I am not knocking community colleges, that is a good option for some people, indeed the only option for some people, I just think a 4 year school is preferable if possible

I also think that it is a good idea to eventually take some upper division science classes at your 4 year university, even if you are not a science major. I would recommend courses such as biochemistry (which is required at some med schools) and genetics. I see no reason to take anatomy or kiniseology, unless you have a particular interest in these subjects.

Good luck. You are on the right path.

Besides the pre-reqs there aren't really any classes that "look good on your transcripts" or classes that look bad. Adcoms really don't care what classes you took as long as you have all your pre-reqs and did well on the MCAT. Take the classes that interest you, because you'll probably do better in them.