multifactorial HPSP problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

haujun

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has encountered similar problem in the past, but I am having problems getting paid as 2LT during my active duty training period. It has been over a month and I am still getting paid a stipend. It is frustrating that the gov expects you to use your credit card to pay for lodging and car rental and pays you less to make problem worse.

So far I've encountered in one month of ADT:
1. Mistakes in the order (my advisor told me to ignore the info in the order..)
2. lodging problem, car rental problem (reservation was never "carried out" and had to go over my credit card limit)
3. Wrong pay (HPSP office is closed for holiday, who can I call?)

I am getting tired of this :thumbdown:

Is this what I will be expecting in the military?? :(

Members don't see this ad.

possbly...if you make friends with the right people in PSD, they will take care of you.

I had numerous problems with pay when I was on HPSP. I even got cheated out of 1000$ perdiem one time. Plus PSD is not accustomed to dealing with your status. So it is hard to find someone to help sometimes.

It got better when I went on AD. Alot better, but they still f... up when pay changes. Like tax free combat exclusion, and yearly bonuses and stuff.

The one thing they cant reimburse is your credit rating. So be careful with over extending yourself until the remedey the situation.