Multiple accepts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ariels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the deadline has come and gone, but I was wondering if people still hold multiple accepts (I hope so, since I haven't heard of any wait list movement post-05/02/2011).
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope everyone who has at least one MD/PhD acceptance prior to 5/2/2011 should be holding only 1 acceptance by now, unless he/she got off the waitlist somewhere else post 5/2/2011, then there's a 2 week period for the person to decide but most people seem to make a decision fairly quickly.

However you should check with the schools that you are still waiting for. For the program that I am going to, they sent out a finalized student list a few days ago so obviously the waitlist will not be used.

emiko is right. At this point you should only be holding 1 MD/PhD acceptance. Otherwise you risk having your offers rescinded.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have multiples, just wondering since there is a program I really want and haven't heard from...

May I ask which program you will be attending (the one with the finalized list)?

I'm holding accepts at Irvine and Vandy. Got into Vandy just before the 2nd, so the programs said they would give me until Monday May 16 to decide.

I would say to take your time and make your decision carefully. They are not going you yank your acceptance without a good long warning- don't forget, they want you!