Multiple Clinical Experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandabear121

Reaction score
Would it be better to have one prolonged clinical experience, like scribing for 800 hours and clinical volunteering for 400 or having many different types of clinical experiences for shorter amounts of time, for example: 250 hours scribing, 400 hours MA, 300 hours PCT, 300 hours clinical volunteering?

Which experience would be more valuable and which one would be more preferable to adcoms (do they like seeing long-term commitment to one job or seeing you explore different facets of the healthcare system)? Or am I just overhtinking all of this?

Members don't see this ad.

You're overthinking. The point of clinical experience is to gain experience/stories you can use during the interview process. I had a ton of different clinical experiences but they were all with similar populations, so I was able to weave a coherent story in my application and interviews about my interests and what I learned. I think getting that is much more important than the # of hours and how they're distributed.

Reactions: 1 users