Multiple GRE Scores and a GPA Conversion Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychBiker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As far as the GREs are concerned, if you take multiple tests and get varying scores, do most schools look at the most recent, the best out of each section, the best overall, or average them? Also, what if I didnt take the Analytical Writing Section on the test date that had the best and most recent scores? Would schools look at the previous test date for that one? I know the answer will probably be that many schools have different methods, but there has to be a majority I assume.

Also, I have grades from my Junior College which is a semester system and grades from a University which runs on a quarter system. The odd thing is that my cumulitive gpa score is higher when I convert my all my grades to the semester format. Since most schools go by the semester format, would it be best to use the converted format when submitting my gpa?

I appreciate any help.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as GRE scores go, I think it depends on the school. Some average them, some don't, etc.