multiple mcats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCforlife2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how does the admissions committee view multiple exams? do they really focus on the newest score?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
But which will they pay attention to? The new score? The best score?

They'll look at both of them, so you should make sure you can do better the second time around instead of worse, because that could raise a red flag. When you do better the second time around, they'll see the improvement and will like it and make a note of it, but keep in mind they will see both scores since you have to release them both.

For the schools I applied to, they did not care about multiple test scores. They really only looked at the highest score. For example, my adcom told me that taking the mcat many times could not hurt you if you did worse. Bottom line, they will most likely only look at your highest score. However, they will still be able to see all scores. I took it 3 times. I had 2 horrible and embarrasing scores (<20) and it was not even brought up in my interview once. My interview was extended beore my final mcat score came in. I was accepted the day of the interview, without them even knowing about my improved score. As long as you meet the minimum mcat score for the school, which ranges from 16-22, you are good to apply. Most schools are expecting at least a 20-21 from what I hear. Remember, you want higher if you want scholarship money. (>23)

I took it 3 times. I had 2 horrible and embarrasing scores (<20) and it was not even brought up in my interview once. My interview was extended beore my final mcat score came in. I was accepted the day of the interview, without them even knowing about my improved score.

Shouldn't that be a red flag...that maybe the school doesn't really care what kind of a student they accept? Sad. Not knowing anything else I could guess which program you are referring to (I'd only need 2 guesses).

I took it 3 times. I had 2 horrible and embarrasing scores (<20) and it was not even brought up in my interview once. My interview was extended beore my final mcat score came in. I was accepted the day of the interview, without them even knowing about my improved score.

nice...