Multiple recommenders from same clinic?

Started by wilburX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wilburX

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok here's my question; I worked at a clinic for over a year, and have an awesome relationship with the clinic coordinator, a great relationship with the main NP, and a decent relationship with the doctor. Should I get them all to contribute a paragraph to a single letter with all their names signed at the bottom, write separate letters, or collaborate on one letter with the doctor signing it? I have 2 letters from research supervisors, and 3 letters from professors to choose from. Any thoughts welcome! thanks.
 
I'd go with getting a letter drafted by the NP or Clinic Coordinator and signed by the doctor or all 3. I don't think a non-physician letter would be as strong, but a combined letter should work. If the coordinator or NP is considered your supervisor, use it in that role of employment and it may be alright.
 
Ok here's my question; I worked at a clinic for over a year, and have an awesome relationship with the clinic coordinator, a great relationship with the main NP, and a decent relationship with the doctor. Should I get them all to contribute a paragraph to a single letter with all their names signed at the bottom, write separate letters, or collaborate on one letter with the doctor signing it? I have 2 letters from research supervisors, and 3 letters from professors to choose from. Any thoughts welcome! thanks.

I agree with silleme.