Multiple recommenders from same clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wilburX

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok here's my question; I worked at a clinic for over a year, and have an awesome relationship with the clinic coordinator, a great relationship with the main NP, and a decent relationship with the doctor. Should I get them all to contribute a paragraph to a single letter with all their names signed at the bottom, write separate letters, or collaborate on one letter with the doctor signing it? I have 2 letters from research supervisors, and 3 letters from professors to choose from. Any thoughts welcome! thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with getting a letter drafted by the NP or Clinic Coordinator and signed by the doctor or all 3. I don't think a non-physician letter would be as strong, but a combined letter should work. If the coordinator or NP is considered your supervisor, use it in that role of employment and it may be alright.

Ok here's my question; I worked at a clinic for over a year, and have an awesome relationship with the clinic coordinator, a great relationship with the main NP, and a decent relationship with the doctor. Should I get them all to contribute a paragraph to a single letter with all their names signed at the bottom, write separate letters, or collaborate on one letter with the doctor signing it? I have 2 letters from research supervisors, and 3 letters from professors to choose from. Any thoughts welcome! thanks.

I agree with silleme.