Multiple State Licenses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dempsie5688

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Gotta quick question, upon graduating from pharmacy school I am interested in holding pharmacy licenses in multiple states (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennesse) Can anyone tell me how is this done and how much would it cost. Can I take these tests at one time in one place or do you have to take it in that particular state.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Also interested in this answer as well.

I do know that you have to go through the application process for each state. I think you can transfer the Naplex results to each state but I believe the law portion is based on each state?

I do know it would cost AT LEAST, a couple hundred in terms of application fees and whatnot.

Also, to follow-up, would you have to take the exam in their specific state or can you take it in any approved location?

Before you register for the NAPLEX, make sure you choose the list of the states that you want your score to be transfered to. (they charge you like $50 extra for each additional state)

Take and register the NAPLEX & MPJE for your home state.

Pass that.

Then take a look at the other states requirements on licensure...

Note: if you do score transfer or reciprocity to another state, you still need to take the law exam for that state. but it shouldn't be too bad, the laws are similiar for many states and you just need to have to study the law packet.

good luck

Last edited:
do you have to take the exam for each state right away, or can you wait until you actually go work there, like in a couple of years?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I believe there's a 1 yr period after your score transfer to another state. So when you schedule your naplex and score transfer to another state, you have a 1 yr deadline to get everything set for that state....I believe...

I'm in the process of doing this right now:

1) Register for NAPLEX and MPJE (be sure to choose which state you want to be your "testing state" and also add each state to the list that you wish to score transfer to - the online application is pretty clear) It will cost $50 for each NAPLEX score transfer and you will also have to pay for the law exam in each state that you score transfer to.
2) Pass NAPLEX
3) Have your college send your transcript to the BOP in each state that you're transferring your score to
4) Have your intern hours transferred from your local BOP to each of the BOP that you're applying to.
5) Fill out your main state application and score-transfer applications in each state that you're score transferring to
6) Take each of the MPJE's within 1 year (2 years in some states)

Most BOP websites will have a list of score-transfer requirements.

1) Register for NAPLEX and MPJE (be sure to choose which state you want to be your "testing state" and also add each state to the list that you wish to score transfer to - the online application is pretty clear) It will cost $50 for each NAPLEX score transfer and you will also have to pay for the law exam in each state that you score transfer to.
2) Pass NAPLEX
3) Have your college send your transcript to the BOP in each state that you're transferring your score to
4) Have your intern hours transferred from your local BOP to each of the BOP that you're applying to.
5) Fill out your main state application and score-transfer applications in each state that you're score transferring to

2) Pass NAPLEX