murdered by AAMC 9R Verbal Passage 6

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope4best

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm frustrated at the 9r verbal in general but especially with passage 6 because I kept reading it over and over but still don't understand what the passage is talking about. Anyone have any tips on how to tackle a passage like this one? Intelligence and sensibility are fundamental human traits, or not? and then what?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed the MCAT has this type of passage all the time, where you make a distinction between two opposites. It's sorta like the WS, now that I think about it, except that it's already written for you and you have to analyze it. For this passage, I just kinda asked myself what the two things being compared were. In this case, it was instinct vs. intelligence, animal vs. human thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
no kidding. the VR for the 9 is tough - I can't believe how bad I did. Even though I work on VR everynight, it is still my weakness. Good luck everyone :luck:

jophe said:
no kidding. the VR for the 9 is tough - I can't believe how bad I did. Even though I work on VR everynight, it is still my weakness. Good luck everyone :luck:

aamc 9 VR raped me...without the vaseline

Brandon81081 said:
aamc 9 VR raped me...without the vaseline

Hehe, that's really funny! :D

I ,like many of you, also had a hard time on 9. I totally lost my timing on it and had to bubble Bs and Cs for two passages. Hope this doesn't happen on game day. :(

really weird.. i normally struggle with verbal, but 9 seemed the easiest to me and was my highest VR score yet.

damn.....just 1 question way from an 11

I really didn't like the passage about synesthesia

^^ same here.. i also changed my answer from the right one to the wrong one on a few occasions which makes it even more annoying.

Man i hope i can get a 10 or above on saturday.

man I just worked passage 6...........when I heard u said it was hard.........got kinda scared and didn't pick my best answers........otherwise I would have missed just 1 on that passage...........

this makes me feel a little better because i personally felt that AAMC 7 was the hardest. it's really just the luck of the draw...

I thought it was the hardest VR section as well out of 7,8, and 9, but I got the same score as on others.