Music in OR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Marginally? I am guessing you are not a musician... so me telling you that Danny Carey is plying 3 different time signatures at the same time likely means nothing to you. :)

The musicianship of these guys has always blown me away... Danny is an animal on this latest album (and all others).
Probably not expected from my profile pic, but I agree. Incredible musicians. I spent years trying to figure out "Prison Sex" until I realized it's in Drop B (???!!!) tuning. At that point I was just like let the pro handle it.

Probably not expected from my profile pic, but I agree. Incredible musicians. I spent years trying to figure out "Prison Sex" until I realized it's in Drop B (???!!!) tuning. At that point I was just like let the pro handle it.

Love it... Black Heavy metalist!!
:cool:
Drop D... my favorite tuning.
Dark, heavy, full tone.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Tool doesn’t suck because of the instrumental part of the music. It sucks because the singer doesn’t have a metal voice, he has a voice for adult contemporary music maybe? He should be in an Eagles cover band or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

He does an awesome breakdown of a lot of other great songs. He’s more accessible to non-musicians like myself than the dude that does “What Makes This Song Great” on YouTube. Check out his Led Zeppelin “Whole Lotta Love” session. That one is amazing.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I know several medical employees who like to play funny songs while working. For example, a dentist friend of mine likes to include playlists from amw to calm their patients or young children during an unpleasant procedure. He believes that music can dull pain. Children really relax when they listen to melodies. I also know a nurse who turns on music in the room, taking blood from donors. People lose themselves in the melody and don't think about the needle in their veins. Surgeons can include some unobtrusive instrumental music and classics, as far as I know. The music should be quiet to not interfere with their mutual interaction in surgery.

Last edited: