Must-have PDA programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustBreathe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a PDA and I'm trying to decide which programs to purchase or download for it. Any suggestions of must-have programs for third year?

ETA: Already got the free download of Epocrates.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a PDA and I'm trying to decide which programs to purchase or download for it. Any suggestions of must-have programs for third year?

ETA: Already got the free download of Epocrates.

Epocrates is probably the only must-have program I turn to often. Dynamed can be pretty useful at times, Diagnosaurus probably less so. I also like the Johns Hopkins antibiotic guide, although you have to pay for that one now.

Some people also like a medical dictionary (e.g. Stedman's or Dorland's) and medical encyclopedia (e.g. 5-Minute Clinical Consult)

Members don't see this ad :)
The free medical calculator Archimedes from Skyscape is a must have. If you are willing to spend money, a medical dictionary (Stedmans or Dorlands), clinical consult (5mcc) and a differential diagnosis tool would be useful. These are all available from Skyscape.com and you can try them before you buy. Good Luck...

Do a search for PDA programs, here and in the technology forum. Also, check out the links in the stickies at the top of the page. There have been some really long threads on this and they are really helpful.

Do a search for PDA programs, here and in the technology forum. Also, check out the links in the stickies at the top of the page. There have been some really long threads on this and they are really helpful.

I second this--I searched the forums when I first got my PDA, and am happy with all of the free programs that were mentioned that I currently have on my PDA. Of note, I found that my eponyms program was (surprisingly) valuable as it definitely won me points with several attendings when I was able to describe some esoteric eponymical syndrome on the spot to the rest of the team.