1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Must-have PDA programs?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by JustBreathe, Jun 14, 2008.

1. JustBreathe

JustBreathe Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Just got a PDA and I'm trying to decide which programs to purchase or download for it. Any suggestions of must-have programs for third year?

ETA: Already got the free download of Epocrates.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DoctorFunk

DoctorFunk Get down with the boogie
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Epocrates is probably the only must-have program I turn to often. Dynamed can be pretty useful at times, Diagnosaurus probably less so. I also like the Johns Hopkins antibiotic guide, although you have to pay for that one now.

4. Some people also like a medical dictionary (e.g. Stedman's or Dorland's) and medical encyclopedia (e.g. 5-Minute Clinical Consult)

5. Ashers

Ashers Bacteria? Don't exist.
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I use Bejeweled a lot or this other game called Dynomite. Other than that, I use Epocrates.

6. :laugh: :thumbup:

7. ken7071

The free medical calculator Archimedes from Skyscape is a must have. If you are willing to spend money, a medical dictionary (Stedmans or Dorlands), clinical consult (5mcc) and a differential diagnosis tool would be useful. These are all available from Skyscape.com and you can try them before you buy. Good Luck...

8. diosa428

diosa428 SDN Angel
    5+ Year Member

Do a search for PDA programs, here and in the technology forum. Also, check out the links in the stickies at the top of the page. There have been some really long threads on this and they are really helpful.

9. ginger60

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I second this--I searched the forums when I first got my PDA, and am happy with all of the free programs that were mentioned that I currently have on my PDA. Of note, I found that my eponyms program was (surprisingly) valuable as it definitely won me points with several attendings when I was able to describe some esoteric eponymical syndrome on the spot to the rest of the team.

10. Blue Dog

Blue Dog Fides et ratio.
    Physician Gold Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician