MUST need a LOR from non-science professor?

Started by jhsim0223
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jhsim0223

Anteather!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My bio and chem professor and dentist said that they can write a strong LOR for me.

BUT...I am having trouble in collecting LOR from non-science professor.

I contacted my Econ professor 5weeks ago and he said he could write a LOR for me...But he has been busy and he still didn't write my LOR...
He always said "I will write LOR but I am busy..."

So I plan to submit my application with 2 science LOR and 1 dentist LOR.

My question is....
If I apply a dental school which requires 2 science LOR AND a non-science LOR, am I automatically rejected even though I have a VERY strong GPA and DAT?
 
My bio and chem professor and dentist said that they can write a strong LOR for me.

BUT...I am having trouble in collecting LOR from non-science professor.

I contacted my Econ professor 5weeks ago and he said he could write a LOR for me...But he has been busy and he still didn't write my LOR...
He always said "I will write LOR but I am busy..."

So I plan to submit my application with 2 science LOR and 1 dentist LOR.

My question is....
If I apply a dental school which requires 2 science LOR AND a non-science LOR, am I automatically rejected even though I have a VERY strong GPA and DAT?

you should probably call the schools, they can give you definitive answers. as of right now i dont know any schools that require a non-science letter. some do say that on their websites, but when i called them they said its simply a recommendation
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My bio and chem professor and dentist said that they can write a strong LOR for me.

BUT...I am having trouble in collecting LOR from non-science professor.

I contacted my Econ professor 5weeks ago and he said he could write a LOR for me...But he has been busy and he still didn't write my LOR...
He always said "I will write LOR but I am busy..."

So I plan to submit my application with 2 science LOR and 1 dentist LOR.

My question is....
If I apply a dental school which requires 2 science LOR AND a non-science LOR, am I automatically rejected even though I have a VERY strong GPA and DAT?

I had this problem, too. But there's a simple solution.

First, the school will NOT reject you without the letter. They just won't process your application. I got an interview invite from Indiana even though they didn't have my non-science letter, but they said I had to have it to them by the time my interview came up.

Submit your application without the letter, then have a professor write it, and submit it directly to the schools. There aren't many that require a non-science professor, so might want to call them ahead of time to give them a head's up/ask them if this is ok. It should be fine though, and then you can get your application in without having to wait for this one professor.

Good luck!
 
I decide to submit without LOR from non-science..anyway thank you guys and good luck!!!!!!!!!!