MUST need a LOR from non-science professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhsim0223

Anteather!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My bio and chem professor and dentist said that they can write a strong LOR for me.

BUT...I am having trouble in collecting LOR from non-science professor.

I contacted my Econ professor 5weeks ago and he said he could write a LOR for me...But he has been busy and he still didn't write my LOR...
He always said "I will write LOR but I am busy..."

So I plan to submit my application with 2 science LOR and 1 dentist LOR.

My question is....
If I apply a dental school which requires 2 science LOR AND a non-science LOR, am I automatically rejected even though I have a VERY strong GPA and DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

My bio and chem professor and dentist said that they can write a strong LOR for me.

I contacted my Econ professor 5weeks ago and he said he could write a LOR for me...But he has been busy and he still didn't write my LOR...

My question is....
If I apply a dental school which requires 2 science LOR AND a non-science LOR, am I automatically rejected even though I have a VERY strong GPA and DAT?

you should probably call the schools, they can give you definitive answers. as of right now i dont know any schools that require a non-science letter. some do say that on their websites, but when i called them they said its simply a recommendation

Members don't see this ad :)
None of my schools are requiring a non-science professor..

Which school is this?

My question is....

I had this problem, too. But there's a simple solution.

First, the school will NOT reject you without the letter. They just won't process your application. I got an interview invite from Indiana even though they didn't have my non-science letter, but they said I had to have it to them by the time my interview came up.

Submit your application without the letter, then have a professor write it, and submit it directly to the schools. There aren't many that require a non-science professor, so might want to call them ahead of time to give them a head's up/ask them if this is ok. It should be fine though, and then you can get your application in without having to wait for this one professor.

Good luck!

I decide to submit without LOR from non-science..anyway thank you guys and good luck!!!!!!!!!!