Must vent or explode - ARGGGG!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LucidSplash

#LimbSalvage
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
People in admissions offices are specially trained to be infuriating. I am sure of it.

So, I'm randomly checking the supplemental/status pages for all the schools I haven't heard from yet. Specifically, I am looking at Maryland. I see that a new item has appeared which says "Interview Calendar." I know from last year that this appears when they grant you an interview. I rush to my email excitedly, thinking "This is it! Finally! Its just for a waitlist spot, but its the long awaited interview from Maryland!"

No invite in my inbox.

I click on the link on the status page. It takes me to a page that says "Your interview day could not be found." I scream in frustration. It sounds like this: "GAARRRGGAAGG^#%%(&$%(*W&GAAARRGGG!"

I call the admissions office and ask if they are still giving out invites. The lady says "yes." I ask if she can check the status of my application. She says "You'll know something as soon as we can tell you." I resist the urge to scream the scream of frustration into her ear. I hang up the phone and scream the scream of frustration.

I take to clicking the "Get Email" icon in my email box every 10 seconds. Now my email isn't working. I broke my email.

Also, my husband is talking to me in the "speak softly to the crazy person to keep her under control until the men in white coats can get here" voice.
:mad: :scared: +pissed+ :mad: :scared: +pissed+ :mad: :scared: +pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

Don't call the main office. Call the dean or director of admission.

By the way I find it amusing how the computer is being thrown at the emoticon that is paranoid / scared :laugh:

Why don't you try being more specific on the phone? "I'm having difficulty scheduling my interview through the interview calendar feature on the website" will probably get you further than a regular status check.

Members don't see this ad :)
DeadorAlive said:
Why don't you try being more specific on the phone? "I'm having difficulty scheduling my interview through the interview calendar feature on the website" will probably get you further than a regular status check.

Agreed. This will be more effective & less aggravating for you!

Orthodoc40 said:
Agreed. This will be more effective & less aggravating for you!

Alright, now I know I've lost it. This definitely would have more sense. This whole deal is starting to wear on me :( However, the interview calendar on the website is not to schedule an interview it just tells you the day and the general schedule of events (I know because I was waitlisted at Maryland last year). I'll try calling tomorrow and mention that I saw the new item on my status page but was having difficulty accessing it. If I play dumb and don't mention I know why it is there, maybe they'll take pity on me.

At least my email is working again. :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah that's different. But still, it shouldn't be there if you didn't get an interview, right? That would be COMPLETELY unfair teasing. Try again!

i'm starting to get the "crazy voice" too, from my boyfriend :) it just makes me crazier, though.

oneaat said:
i'm starting to get the "crazy voice" too, from my boyfriend :) it just makes me crazier, though.

Yeah, somehow, "I love you" in a soft voice after a lengthy rant about the insanity and capricious nature of this process doesn't make me feel any better anymore. I think it'd be better if held up a punching bag or something and just said "here, hit this." :laugh:

Update, called Maryland again today and specifically asked about the link. Just my luck, the individual that handles the scheduling (Mr. Williams?) is out of the office today but the secretary took my name and information and hopefully I will hear back tomorrow.