MWU IL vs Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queens_wear_crowns

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Super blessed to be accepted to both MWU IL & Tufts over the last couple of weeks. I interviewed at MWU IL in early January and hadn't heard anything, so was pretty set on Tufts. However, just heard back, and I really enjoyed my interview at MWU IL and feel it has a great clinical experience. I am now leaning towards it but want to confirm my decision/ see if anyone has any other thoughts. Cost is about the same for both, so not factoring it in. Open to any comments or advice, thank you in advance!
ps: have to let Tufts know by Wednesday

MWU IL
Pros: great city, smaller class, lots of experience, closer to my home state
Cons: newer school/not as well known, can't find as much info on it

Tufts
Pros: established program, well known name, nice city
Cons: larger class, further from my home state

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptances! Have you been able to fly out to both schools and see what the dental schools are like in-person? Would you rather live in Boston or in Downers Grove, IL?

Honestly, for me, I would probably choose MWU IL because it is a smaller class size, a great community atmosphere, and is closer to your home state. But you really can't go wrong with either program, they are both great

I chose Tufts because the cost of attendance for both is the same... maybe even more for MWU-IL. You might as well rep the school name/city and enjoy Boston.

Downer's Grove, IL is actually a bit far from Chicago so that means more driving/different lifestyle. It also depends on the atmosphere you want to be in too. I am a single 22yr old male so Tufts environment was more appealing (bigger class, recorded lectures, fun city, more social). As for MWU-IL, the campus is more segregated/vacant and the students I met and spoke with honestly gave me "depressed" energy. They are happy with the program and curriculum but "cant wait to get out of here (location)."

In conclusion, both are great schools and you cant go wrong with either. Just a matter of living preferences. Hope this helps to anyone reading!

Super blessed to be accepted to both MWU IL & Tufts over the last couple of weeks. I interviewed at MWU IL in early January and hadn't heard anything, so was pretty set on Tufts. However, just heard back, and I really enjoyed my interview at MWU IL and feel it has a great clinical experience. I am now leaning towards it but want to confirm my decision/ see if anyone has any other thoughts. Cost is about the same for both, so not factoring it in. Open to any comments or advice, thank you in advance!
ps: have to let Tufts know by Wednesday

MWU IL
Pros: great city, smaller class, lots of experience, closer to my home state
Cons: newer school/not as well known, can't find as much info on it

Tufts
Pros: established program, well known name, nice city
Cons: larger class, further from my home state
Hi where did you end up deciding?