Tufts vs MWU-IL vs ASDOH (Waitlist) vs MWU-AZ (Pending)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starlord2

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble deciding which to attend. The way I think is best to filter schools is 1) Price 2) Clinic 3) Location/Personal. The cost of attendance is the same for all. My two acceptances right now are Tufts and MWU-IL. Please let me know your thoughts on the Arizona schools too if hypothetically I get in later.

I have heard both bad and good things about Tufts/MWU-IL, so I would love to hear from current students there too if possible.

My opinion: Chicago wind-cold is brutal, downer's grove is pretty $$ too, i would have to drive in snow (from Miami), and the campus feels segregated-vacant. For tufts, never been to Boston or campus bc my interview was zoom, and kinda worried about snobby non down to earth people.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
MWU-AZ and ASDOH would be a better fit, as ur from FL. MWU-AZ is top notch clinically. I live in IL, it barely snowed this year lol just very cold most days. I would go visit Tufts if you can

Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble deciding which to attend. The way I think is best to filter schools is 1) Price 2) Clinic 3) Location/Personal. The cost of attendance is the same for all. My two acceptances right now are Tufts and MWU-IL. Please let me know your thoughts on the Arizona schools too if hypothetically I get in later.

I have heard both bad and good things about Tufts/MWU-IL, so I would love to hear from current students there too if possible.

My opinion: Chicago wind-cold is brutal, downer's grove is pretty $$ too, i would have to drive in snow (from Miami), and the campus feels segregated-vacant. For tufts, never been to Boston or campus bc my interview was zoom, and kinda worried about snobby non down to earth people.
i have 2019 data that says MW-il is $30k more expensive COA than tufts...

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the websites, as of right now, Tufts is 570k and MWU is 540k (thrifty).

Yea its def worth considering pre covid and post covid. Tufts tuition is cheaper but housing is slightly more and mwu il is the exact opposite

Tufts can be brutal in winter as well.

You get used to driving in snow. You don't get used to waking up an extra 20-40 minutes early to start your car and brush off the snow. Parking restrictions during snow emergencies are also going to be inconvenient. In short, weather is not decisive in your pro/con.

Driving from Florida to Arizona does not sound like it will be fun. Plus, you haven't experienced Arizona hot. If you can wake up at 4am to avoid seeing the sweat drench your scrubs by 7am before class starts, Arizona is awesome. :) It should be more a dry heat, but with population booms comes water infrastructure, and it gets strangely humid (IMO). At least until the Colorado River dries up because so many states are using up the water... hello Lake Mead.

Reactions: 1 users
Tufts can be brutal in winter as well.

You get used to driving in snow. You don't get used to waking up an extra 20-40 minutes early to start your car and brush off the snow. Parking restrictions during snow emergencies are also going to be inconvenient. In short, weather is not decisive in your pro/con.

Driving from Florida to Arizona does not sound like it will be fun. Plus, you haven't experienced Arizona hot. If you can wake up at 4am to avoid seeing the sweat drench your scrubs by 7am before class starts, Arizona is awesome. :) It should be more a dry heat, but with population booms comes water infrastructure, and it gets strangely humid (IMO). At least until the Colorado River dries up because so many states are using up the water
Yea weather isnt a deal breaker personally but for sure, AZ would be more adaptable for me. Miami basically year round and esp March-November has some unbearable-humid heat. Its all perspective i guess. A one time road trip to AZ can be fun and living in the sunny social area rather than the cloudy gloomy/cold sounds more appealing.

Last edited: