My CCS got cancelled and now I do not have to take it!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vik66

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took part one of step 3 on March 12 and I had the second part a week later... which ended up getting cancelled 3 days before. They just emailed me and said I have the option of just taking the passing score for both parts.

Hope some of you are in the same boat!

Members don't see this ad.

I took part one of step 3 on March 12 and I had the second part a week later... which ended up getting cancelled 3 days before. They just emailed me and said I have the option of just taking the passing score for both parts.

Hope some of you are in the same boat!

Shut the front door! I took day 1 a day after you and my day 2 was scheduled 1 week later as well - cancelled 2 days before. But I havent heard anything!!! This would be amazing! I'm sitting here continuing to study indefinitely...

Yes this girl! Took part 1 a day before the closures. They tell you a score based on day 1 and you can take that, continue to the second day, or choose to start over for a whole new test. Part of me wondered if people really raise their scores by the CCS and wondered if I should try to kill it, but on the other hand... does anyone care about this test beyond if it's a pass? Think I'll take it and run.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes this girl! Took part 1 a day before the closures. They tell you a score based on day 1 and you can take that, continue to the second day, or choose to start over for a whole new test. Part of me wondered if people really raise their scores by the CCS and wondered if I should try to kill it, but on the other hand... does anyone care about this test beyond if it's a pass? Think I'll take it and run.

This is for real? Can you confirm with a screenshot of the email? I am in the same boat of taking part 1 the day before the closures, but have not been given the options above. If you could confirm this, I’d like to send them an email.

Members don't see this ad :)

Who emailed you? I patiently waited until today as instructed to contact anyone regarding the status of me being in limbo here... but no news.

Why would we be lying about this?

I am sure they have loads of this stuff to process so you guys should be receiving emails soon enough.

Even in trying times, I find it extremely improbable that half of a board exam would be canceled and you “not have to make it up.” Sounds “troll-ish.”

Even in trying times, I find it extremely improbable that half of a board exam would be canceled and you “not have to make it up.” Sounds “troll-ish.”

I got my email today. I only had 2 options: take day 2 or take the whole thing over. I'm having trouble believing I did that terrible on day 1. But no score was given - just the explanation of both options. So I'm either super dumb or this is trolling. ‍:shrug:

I can confirm this is a real thing. Not going to screenshot for anonymity's sake (my test date is referenced multiple times) but my letter has 3 options: re-schedule day 2, retake entire thing, or have the entire exam scored based on day 1.

The email essentially says you had to perform so well on day 1 that failing the overall exam is extremely unlikely, and that this option is only offered to a subset of takers. They also tell you what score you'd end up getting if you accept. I am going to discuss this with my PD before accepting, but probably will.

dude take it and run!no one cares.

Yup, finally official, just got my official Step 3 score report with only taking the first part of the exam

I made a 225 on the first part and was given the three options like above poster. I chose the first option- to score second part the same as first without having to take it.

Yup, finally official, just got my official Step 3 score report with only taking the first part of the exam

I made a 225 on the first part and was given the three options like above poster. I chose the first option- to score second part the same as first without having to take it.

Wow that's amazing. Seems kind of unfair - the CCS cases I felt were hard - but a good thing for you and anyone who has that option. I certainly would have taken that option!
Congrats on being done!