My chances for getting into the MD/DO progam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StasiaGilliland

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a very difficult position in my life. I want an honest opinion on my chances of getting into an MD/DO school. I have a 3.11 GPA sgpa of 3.3 without counting the D for bio and F I got for my genetics class. Yes, an F I was definitely was not counting on getting that F but unfortunately due to severe family issues I was not able to concentrate in class. I also changed my college that same year. These are not my excuses I know people who are in med school might have gone through the same things yet got good grades but every person is different. I made a mistake and I would like to improve it. I'm currently a senior about to take the MCAT but I'm not too confident on my application at this moment. I have clinical volunteer experience more than 100 hours, I did community volunteering, research and shadowing this summer. I am passionate about helping people that is the sole reason I really want to be a physician. If med school is not an opinion can someone give me any advice on what I should do like post-bac or master for improving my application and grades?

Members don't see this ad.

Getting accepted into med school is 100% on you. BUT, you're not dead yet, although you have a lot of GPA salvage to do to get to an interview.

As of right now, you are nowhere near ready to apply to med school.

And whether you like it or not, you have to include the F and D in your GPAs.

Read this:
Goro's advice for pre-meds who need reinvention

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.