My chances for UOP, Loma Linda, or Western?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MV3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I should've applied to more schools but the fam kinda pressured me to stay in Cali, more specifically the bay. I initially had my DAT's sent to 10 schools including some on the east coast but ended up doing 5 and wasting all that cash. In order of preference- UOP, UCSF, Loma Linda, Western, ASDOH. I told them I'm not guaranteed admission in any of these schools but they'd rather have me wait another year than to go anywhere else. Here's my stats:

3.3 Overall GPA, 3.0 Science (3.6 in my last semester 16 units of all upper division science), 80 hours volunteering, 30 shadowing, turned aadsas in mid june, DAT's on Aug 22:

PA 19 75.2
QR 16 50.9
RC 19 53.3
BIO 23 97.6
GC 21 86.2
OC 22 89.8
TS 22 95.3
AA 20 84.0

So do I have a chance at UOP? Does that 16 QR and 19 RC really hurt? And if not, how about Loma Linda or Western? I'm not even gonna bother with UCSF. I feel like I'd be good enough for some schools outside Cali but ASDOH's the only one I applied to. Should I take a retake just for UOP?

any advice/input would be greatly appreciated...

oh and I also just applied to these schools cuz i'm really really poor and broke out of my ass. might not even do the ASDOH's secondary...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UoP likes high RC scores, 20+ I believe.

uop also has a cutoff at 17!

Members don't see this ad :)
how about loma linda or western? do I got a legitimate chance at those two or should I start studying for that retake?

UOP Does not have a cut off at 17 for every subject, people with 16 s in QR have been accepted to UOP, however, they have had high scores (20+) in other subjects, specially in the PAT section. You may have a shot at any of these schools, it really depends now on your activities other than school.

uop also has a cutoff at 17!

UOP does not have a cut off at 17 for every subject, people with 16 s in some subjects have been accepted, however, they have had high scores (20+) in other subjects , specially in the PAT section. You may have a shot at any of these schools, it really depends now on your activities other than school.

What ramforte said.

I think I'm gonna try to bring that QR and RC score up. Would a retake in late November be too late? Do I have to tell the schools I'm retaking? Should I even bother or just stick with these scores?

I think I'm gonna try to bring that QR and RC score up. Would a retake in late November be too late? Do I have to tell the schools I'm retaking? Should I even bother or just stick with these scores?

No, I retook my DAT last year during late November and I still got interviews from Western for a spot and UOP for a waitlist spot. Got into Western but since I wanna be at my top choice UOP, I declined and isnow HOPING I'll get in.