My chances of getting into medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zey2013

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

So I got accepted to a school in Egypt, but because of everything that is currently going on over there I couldn't attend. Which forced me to go to a community college. I'm wondering if I have a chance at getting into medical school if my GPA was low the first year of college. Now I'm a sophomore and its going well. Have any of you transferred from a community college, to university and then medical school?

If so what was your process and what challenges did you face? What would be your advice to me in my situation regardless of where you went to school?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

It's doable. Your path is fine Just keep doing well. Get in the usual ECs, shadowing and research too. Note; not all med schools accept CC credits. MSAR Online is your friend.

I'm wondering if I have a chance at getting into medical school if my GPA was low the first year of college. Now I'm a sophomore and its going well. Have any of you transferred from a community college, to university and then medical school?