My Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyskies26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first year applying to PT schools and I REALLY hope I get in! I am a little nervous because while I meet all the minimum GPA requirements for each school I am applying to, my gpa is at the lower end. I was hoping some people who have gotten into PT school recently could shed some light on what they think/if they suggest I do anything to improve my chances.

Undergrad: University of California - Berkeley
Major: Integrative Biology
Berkeley GPA: 3.34
Overall GPA: ~3.5 (includes courses through Berkeley and UCSD Extensions)
Pre-req GPA: it depends on the school. For one school, my pre-req GPA was 3.09, for another it was 3.41. It just depended on whether or not math and psych courses were factored in or not (both of which help my GPA)

GRE: 155V, 161Q, 5.0AW

3 letters of rec: 1 PT, 1 professor, 1 academic advisor that knew me very well

3 years experience working with an aquatic PT program, 20 hours shadowing in the PT department of a hospital, currently working as a PT aide for a pediatric PT office. TONS of extracurricular activities and a lot of work experience throughout college (20 hours/week for 3 years straight).

I plan on applying to U. New England, U. Rhode Island, Temple, Arcadia, Drexel, Shenandoah, and Rosalind Franklin.

What do you guys think? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

For the schools where your pGPA is 3.4 I'd say you have a great shot as your GRE score and volunteer/extra stuff are excellent.

Refer to the sticky at the top of the forum for years of acceptance stats that will help you see what it takes to get in to certain programs.