my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ccnxaf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
through amcas my bcpm is 2.4
overall is 3.2
through aacomas bcpm is 3.21
overall is 3.4
mcat 17
urm
what would be my chances at ANY schools, trying to stay in illinois

Members don't see this ad.

sry, but with that MCAT score, no chance.

overall is 3.2
overall is 3.4
mcat 17
urm

You could apply to the LEAST selective DO schools, I'm not sure which ones they are. They might, by some stroke of luck, call you in for an interview. I really think you would need to retake that MCAT though, at least to ~22, to have a legit shot, even for DO. If you can't break 20, you may have to try your luck at the island schools, though I highly recommend trying to beat the MCAT first.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could apply to the LEAST selective DO schools, I'm not sure which ones they are. They might, by some stroke of luck, call you in for an interview. I really think you would need to retake that MCAT though, at least to ~22, to have a legit shot, even for DO. If you can't break 20, you may have to try your luck at the island schools, though I highly recommend trying to beat the MCAT first.

would being urm make a difference?

Definitely retake the MCAT. With something in the mid 20's, you'll be competitive at DO schools. Either way, you're SOL at MD schools. A 2.4 BCPM just won't cut it.

Unless you are a decedent of Nelson Mendella.

Unless you are a decedent of Nelson Mendella.

Assuming they meant descendent (lol) this type of URM could be helpful, lol.

But yeah, I was trying to give you a little hope. You should call up some DO schools and ask them how much of an improvement gives you a legit shot.

overall is 3.2
overall is 3.4
mcat 17
urm
what kind of school would let someone in with a 17 mcat?

RETAKE. you can do better. make use of the mcat forum. give yourself a chance to do very well.

im not going to lie, this post was like a smack in the face. you're are selling yourself short, and severely overestimating the urm ...um.. thing. if you think you will be able to do well on boards to even get the med degree then you better have confidence in getting a respectable mcat score.

Consider posting your question in the Pre-Osteopathic Forum and ask what DO schools might consider lower MCAT scores. I know the one in Illinois, CCOM, is pretty competitive and won't accept you with those stats. I agree that you need to retake the MCAT and do better.