10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
hey yall,
i am a senior at UNT, and Im applying to PT school at the end of this summer
my current gpa is a 3.29
my math/science gpa is a 3.3 (assuming I retake physics this summer and make an A in it)
im applying to Texas tech, UNT, angelo state, Langston, UTMB (galveston) and (UT HSC San Antonio),
I currently have 60 inpatient shadowing hours, and 50 outpatient shadowing hours.
Ive also been a Resident Assistant at the dorms for 3 years.
GRE: 920

what are my chances?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2012
Status
Rehab Sci Student
Well, I'm not sure about those PT programs you listed but my stats were somewhat similar and I got into at least one program. So I'm sure there will be at least one program that will take you.

wjs010

7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I would just say make a better gre and you be solid

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep

About the Ads
Oct 11, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
You may want to call or check the websites of the DPT programs for which you want to apply. They may have minimum GRE scores and may list the "average " GPA of admitted students and the schools website may give you a more accurate idea. Additionally I think Texas schools have some of the lowest costs for DPT programs and in general are fairly competitive It's great to get encouragement on the forum but you cant rely on that alone

Aug 22, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
My advice is get more observation to balance out the GPA. It's higher than the minimum GPA for schools inTexas but Texas is competitive! Also if your grade trend is upward (meaning your lower grades were earlier on in your undergrad) i would say you have a good chance! Your best bet is probably Texas Tech because they have 3 campuses and therefore can accept more people. They also don't ask for GRE scores! Good luck

wb1989

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
thank you all for your responses. if i may ask, where do you currently attend pt schools?

Nov 30, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
You will never get in. Haha, just kidding but I second retaking the GRE.

When I retook it I went from 1040 to 1270. Your mileage may vary :)

Aug 22, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I am about to start at Texas Tech l, but also got accepted to UT Southwestern.

Apr 23, 2012
Atlanta
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I absolutely suggest retaking the GRE. I don't know about the schools you applied to but some weed people out by numbers alone. Keep up the good work! I took the new format and did really well. You look to be in good shape though.

Last edited:
About the Ads