• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

My chances

wb1989

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2009
  1. Pre-Medical
    hey yall,
    i am a senior at UNT, and Im applying to PT school at the end of this summer
    my current gpa is a 3.29
    my math/science gpa is a 3.3 (assuming I retake physics this summer and make an A in it)
    im applying to Texas tech, UNT, angelo state, Langston, UTMB (galveston) and (UT HSC San Antonio),
    I currently have 60 inpatient shadowing hours, and 50 outpatient shadowing hours.
    Ive also been a Resident Assistant at the dorms for 3 years.
    GRE: 920

what are my chances?

Last edited:
    About the Ads

angl88

Oct 11, 2011
    1. Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
      You may want to call or check the websites of the DPT programs for which you want to apply. They may have minimum GRE scores and may list the "average " GPA of admitted students and the schools website may give you a more accurate idea. Additionally I think Texas schools have some of the lowest costs for DPT programs and in general are fairly competitive It's great to get encouragement on the forum but you cant rely on that alone

TxDPT14

Aug 22, 2011
        My advice is get more observation to balance out the GPA. It's higher than the minimum GPA for schools inTexas but Texas is competitive! Also if your grade trend is upward (meaning your lower grades were earlier on in your undergrad) i would say you have a good chance! Your best bet is probably Texas Tech because they have 3 campuses and therefore can accept more people. They also don't ask for GRE scores! Good luck

TarHeelPhil

Apr 23, 2012
        Atlanta
          I absolutely suggest retaking the GRE. I don't know about the schools you applied to but some weed people out by numbers alone. Keep up the good work! I took the new format and did really well. You look to be in good shape though.

Last edited:
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.