1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

My DAT is over!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ALI, Aug 12, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Senior Member

Hi Everyone
    My DAT STUDYING DAY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!
    the test wasnt too bad.
    PAT was really difficut. I only got 18. I usually get 22 using top score. Reading was a bit harder than topscore, really weird passeges.
    Everything else was ok.
    Good luck to people still need to take it
    post if you have any question. I ll try my best to help

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ToothDoctor

ToothDoctor Member

Dental Student
    Congrats ALI! How did you feel the Organic Chemistry was compared to TopScore? I'm a little nervous about the Organic (I took Organic 8 years ago!). The reactions scare me a little, trying to remember what reagent does what. Were there lots of reactions? Any questions in particular that you were unfamiliar with?

4. ALI

ALI Senior Member

For those who worry about o chem and g-chem, the real thing is easier than topscore. I think the real thing is really close to what you get in DAT registration booklet. But it contains everything even those lab stuff.

For mzalendo:
    I truly believe that they made some mistakes on the PAT. On one problem, I have to answers exactly the same. I stared at it for good 3 minutes and still can't tell the difference. I ended up randomly picked one.
    Angle ranking were tough. The angles are very close. The qualities of the drawings are not too good. I think I probably missed half of angle ranking problems. It is nothing like topscore and kaplan.

5. ucdbiochem

ucdbiochem Senior Member

did anyone just take the DAT recently? I'm preparing for DAT and wonder if someone can let me have the topscore pro cd. I'm willing to offer compensation. PM me if interested. thanks.

6. vixen

vixen I like members

they make them so only one person can use them and they wont even work after ~6months or so....I would just buy them, they're not expensive....$40 for 3exams on one cd...thats not too bad of a price.

7. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    Sorry, I sold mine just 3 weeks ago for $15. Check your undergrad, somebody there is bound to have one.