My dentist where I shadowed 70 hours is ready to write me a recommendation letter......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rak173

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
...but he asked me what should he write. What should I tell him to write? He asked for points on which he could write on.

Members don't see this ad.

Check your inbox my friend

Reactions: 1 user
Why dont you ask him can you write the letter yourself and he just sign off on it since he dont know what to write. Had a professor that does this at my university.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why dont you ask him can you write the letter yourself and he just sign off on it since he dont know what to write. Had a professor that does this at my university.
Actually he is ready to write whatever I tell him to write. So basically he can write me the best letter possible but I am not sure what should he write other than praising me and strongly recommending me.

You can give him a CV with a summary of your personal statement and whatever other info you want him to write about. Or you can just draft the letter yourself if that's what he's asking for, though that's a little more disingenuous.

...but he asked me what should he write. What should I tell him to write? He asked for points on which he could write on.
My dentist asked the same question. He said he needed my help writing one and he didn't know what to write. So I gave him my resume and let him know what I've done/accomplishments and stuff but he still hasn't written one yet.
I wonder how many dentists just have the students write their own LOR and sign the letters for them?
My dentist is a graduate/faculty member of my top school too..