This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yuhh

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just completed secondaries 10 days ago. Been blessed to already receive my first II from a SUNY :)
(Am I allowed to say the name of the school or does that go against some type of privacy policy?)

Anywho, I can't believe that the earliest date available already is December 1...
Jw in general, what months are best to schedule IIs in to optimize the available seats?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys

Just completed secondaries 10 days ago. Been blessed to already receive my first II from a SUNY :)
(Am I allowed to say the name of the school or does that go against some type of privacy policy?)

Anywho, I can't believe that the earliest date available already is December 1...
Jw in general, what months are best to schedule IIs in to optimize the available seats?
The privacy policy is to protect you. You are allowed to divulge any details you are comfortable revealing. In general, identifying the school is not a huge deal. (Just go on the school specific threads and you will find many folks talking about IIs, interview experiences, etc.) Obviously, just be careful not to reveal anything that would make it easy to identify you, like your name, etc. Since many hundreds of people will have interviews at every school, just saying you have an interview, by itself, is pretty safe.

With respect to optimizing seats, there really is no such thing. You receiving an II 10 days after submitting a secondary is an excellent sign, this early in the cycle, that they are very interested in you. Earlier is always better just to hopefully be able to receive an A earlier, but if they offered you an II, they have a seat for you if all goes well, whether you have the actual interview next week or in January. December is pretty far off, so you really don't much to optimize here. :cool: Just pick a date that works for you. Congratulations, and good luck!!!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! Generally the earlier the better, but all within reason (a few days difference usually doesn't change much). Look up and see if the individual school itself does standard rolling admissions for if there's been any trend in recent years that could help you make that decision.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Hey guys

generally, the earlier the interview, the better. The later,, the more picky schools become.

And congrats!
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::clap::clap::hardy::hardy::hardy::love::love::love::luck::luck::luck::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::love::love::love::claps::claps::claps::biglove::biglove::biglove::banana::banana::banana::hello:

Now read these:

• Love