My Future= Bio or Business??? OPINIONSSS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mysterycupcake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently 20 yrs old. Both of my parents became doctors in another country, came here for me and bro thus loosing their life-long degrees. My bro just got into Osteo school(hes set)

All ive ever known is medicine. Did great in H.S. College started and I slacked off~after 2 yrs GPA in Bio was 2.8. So I thought to myself maybe this isn't for me.

I transferred schools (to start from 0 GPA) from private college to public and decided to try business. No one in my family has ever tried it. I have only completed one semester and its def much easier than Bio. But I want to be wearing that white coat and be called a dentist. I want to not only make parents proud but to be a success in medicine.

So what should I do? My 40 credits for bio/chem transferred. I was thinking finish as business major. When i get a job, then overtime finish taking/retaking bio pre-reqs? Ill be older....what do I do???????? plzz help...making the decision of my life...opinions:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

If you like it better, do it. But, if your first semester consisted of only intro courses (econ, ethics, law, etc.), I'd wait a semester or two until you see what core business courses are like before deciding on their difficulty and how much you enjoy them.

You have to know/understand Bio/chemistry if you go to health care field (just ask your parents/brother). If you like smth better, go for it. Think about your job satisfaction.
Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should reevalute your likes and dislikes. Do you like science or dealing with money? Once you figure out those answers you'll be able to choose a major that will lead to a career that you will have passion for. Don't follow something your parents have done, go with what feels right to you. :)

I dont mean to tackle you or anything, but how do you start from 0GPA?

You may want to stay away from the finance sector in the near term...

But job security factors aside, do what is more fun for you.

I am currently 20 yrs old. Both of my parents became doctors in another country, came here for me and bro thus loosing their life-long degrees. My bro just got into Osteo school(hes set)

All ive ever known is medicine. Did great in H.S. College started and I slacked off~after 2 yrs GPA in Bio was 2.8. So I thought to myself maybe this isn't for me.

I transferred schools (to start from 0 GPA) from private college to public and decided to try business. No one in my family has ever tried it. I have only completed one semester and its def much easier than Bio. But I want to be wearing that white coat and be called a dentist. I want to not only make parents proud but to be a success in medicine.

So what should I do? My 40 credits for bio/chem transferred. I was thinking finish as business major. When i get a job, then overtime finish taking/retaking bio pre-reqs? Ill be older....what do I do???????? plzz help...making the decision of my life...opinions:confused:

aside from your personal likes/dislikes, your gpa from your first school will matter for professional school. i transferred and i had to enter all of my grades from my first school on aadsas and these entered into the overall gpa. this is good to know going into whatever you decide especially with growing competition. good luck