My GPA (and odd scenario) - what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blondnuttyboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine's an annoying situation....

I have a bad grade in ALL my pre-reqs...gen chem - B/C...gen bio - A/B...physics B/B...O chem C/B...I retook gen chem II and got an A and retook O chem I but got a B : (

ANYWAY..that was my sophomore year - since then I've done 22 unit - 3.75, 18 unit 3.7, 24 unit - 3.8 semesters...

My gpa now is ~ 3.6 and my science is probably somewhere around 3.4ish.

And by the way, this semester isn't going to well..I'll probably get a 3.3-3.5.

Do you guys think I should take some summer classes and fall masters classes to boost my gpa? Do I need it?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Mine's an annoying situation....

I have a bad grade in ALL my pre-reqs...gen chem - B/C...gen bio - A/B...physics B/B...O chem C/B...I retook gen chem II and got an A and retook O chem I but got a B : (

ANYWAY..that was my sophomore year - since then I've done 22 unit - 3.75, 18 unit 3.7, 24 unit - 3.8 semesters...

My gpa now is ~ 3.6 and my science is probably somewhere around 3.4ish.

And by the way, this semester isn't going to well..I'll probably get a 3.3-3.5.

Do you guys think I should take some summer classes and fall masters classes to boost my gpa? Do I need it?

Thank you!

what is your MCAT score? if 30 or above, don't sweat it. even though your BCPM is not the greatest, there's nothing you can really do at this point. summer and masters classes would be a waste of time as adcoms don't seem very interested in them, but you could do it for your peace of mind.

I'm retaking this May 31st - I think i'll be over 30

Do they really not care? Even though taking masters classes demonstrates that you've a brain? and can at least attempt the workload in med school?

I just dont know what to do - I feel like my GPA damage is irreparable