SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

My GPA (and odd scenario) - what to do?

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by Blondnuttyboy, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Blondnuttyboy

Blondnuttyboy 7+ Year Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Mine's an annoying situation....

I have a bad grade in ALL my pre-reqs...gen chem - B/C...gen bio - A/B...physics B/B...O chem C/B...I retook gen chem II and got an A and retook O chem I but got a B : (

ANYWAY..that was my sophomore year - since then I've done 22 unit - 3.75, 18 unit 3.7, 24 unit - 3.8 semesters...

My gpa now is ~ 3.6 and my science is probably somewhere around 3.4ish.

And by the way, this semester isn't going to well..I'll probably get a 3.3-3.5.

Do you guys think I should take some summer classes and fall masters classes to boost my gpa? Do I need it?

Thank you!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Villin

Villin 10+ Year Member

Aug 30, 2006
    what is your MCAT score? if 30 or above, don't sweat it. even though your BCPM is not the greatest, there's nothing you can really do at this point. summer and masters classes would be a waste of time as adcoms don't seem very interested in them, but you could do it for your peace of mind.

4. Blondnuttyboy

Blondnuttyboy 7+ Year Member

Feb 26, 2007
    I'm retaking this May 31st - I think i'll be over 30

Do they really not care? Even though taking masters classes demonstrates that you've a brain? and can at least attempt the workload in med school?

I just dont know what to do - I feel like my GPA damage is irreparable